Wednesday, October 17, 2012

When Kateri Met Maggie

This last Friday I had the immense pleasure to attend the Not Your Mother's Book Club signing event in SanFrancisco at Books Inc., a great independent bookseller.
I got to go with my BEST FRIEND and her sister and mother, who by the way is a superlative driver, especially in the streets of SanFran...especially when our GPS gives us directions to NYC.
This book signing featured readings and Q and A from YA writers Ellen Hopkins, David Levithan*, and...
Maggie Stiefvater!
She is one of my top favorite writers, which I have already mentioned before, but I guess I'll announce it to the world one more time
(or not one more time)
I love this chic and I love her books. If you read her stuff and think it's great here's link to her blog, which I recommend you check out.
Here are some shots of SanFran, one of my favorite cities ever!

Stepped into Swarvosky to do some serious sighing, oohing, and ahhing.
Say hi to Mama Sterner!




*sigh...the view from the top floor?...*double sigh

The place was super packed!** This is afterwards as the signing line is starting to die down.

Us gals: Me, Megan, and Emily.

If you can't read this Maggie is doing a twitter talk on Oct. 23 at 4 pm PT! Hopefully I can participate. That is, if I'm not dancing. Plus there's a mention of some contest involving a one on one workshop with Maggie for the winner. Could that please be me?! Like please?

Table of Funness

Bought this for my mom!

Ahem...yeah I quite like this photo.


I made Maggie Stiefvater smile!!!

Tower of our books! Many of which are now signed. (We're waiting for our pizza to arrive.) Emily stole my bowler hat. Because she's secetly jealous.

Here's to seriously funny, awesome authors!
Here's to adventures in the big city with friends!
Here's to OMGOSH I JUST MET MAGGIE STIEFVATER!!!

*Bought David's new book Every Day*** and got it signed--of course. Might I add he is really funny...and apparently likes Taylor Swift...or so it would seem.
**Reason for this: we get there less than two hours early and decide to drive on over to Union Square. Yeah, a six or seven block drive in downtown SanFran in the early evening is like not the best idea when you have a time cruch...and there's lots of pretty stores to oogle at and people in bathrooms that apparently think they live in there and force Kateri to power walk half way across Union Square to get to another one.
***For that matter I bought two other books: The Diviners by Libba Bray (my other favorite author and the book of which I'm currently reading) and also the Book Thief by Markus Zusak, of which I've heard SO MANY great things and am very excited for.

No comments:

Post a Comment