Monday, June 18, 2012

A Week in Pictures

So I had to take a little while longer than usual of a break from blogging. I just was soooooo busy...
Ok I wasn't really that busy. More it was that I felt I really didn't have that much to blog about. Don't you hate that?
But after a whole week of simplicity I managed to actually come up with a week's worth collection of fun little instances.
And so here are those instances.
In high quality pixel form.
:D

Moday,


Organized my bookshelf! The two top shelves are mine and the bottom three, of which you can't all see, are my little sister's. Don't let that fool you; I am the rightful book fanatic of the entire family. I actually have so many books that the overflow, of which I have all already read, are hidden in a box in my garage, which I don't want to talk about because it pains me greatly.
Anyway.
You can see my to-read stack by looking at the top shelf and going from left to right (half of these are not mine but my better bookish half's, Emily Sterner--previously mentioned on previous post).


Tuesday,


Went to see Snow White and the Huntsman, which I've really been looking forward to. And I was not disappointed! For me, definately a But It movie.


And...I fell in love with Sam Claflin again. As I also did in Pillars of the Earth, which I recommend, and the last Pirates movie. *



I went home and bought this song on itunes. I fell in love with it instantly in the movie, such a great cry-so-hard-because-whoa-I-didn't-see that-one-coming part. Not to give anything away hopefully...
I've been writing to this music ever since. And a couple other ones from the soundtrack as well: Sanctuary and White Horse, both equally enchanting!


Wednesday,


Speaking of enchanting...
Went to see these boys in concert in San Jose...
Ok, I didn't actually see them, but I was there outside the event center and my friends went. You see, they wouldn't have been able to go if they hadn't won the tickets and I'm so very happy that they did because they are the girls who turned me onto them before they were big here in the states, which makes me feel a little less silly in liking them so much. I seriously could go on...and on about how huge of a crush I have on them, but then I think I really would hate myself. I don't mind admitting my love for them, but my college-level 19 year old self is sensitive to so much fangirl gloating, if you know what I mean.


But still, proof that I was there and that I had fun! The girls in the center got to go, though you can probably tell without me saying anything.



Thursday,

Bought this album for my dad. I love We Are Young, but my favorite on the album is Carry On.


Re-read this book, which is one of my favorites because it's an alien book about humans. Apparently they finally made the movie, which I was concerned about, which you would totally understand if you read the book, but then I found out Saoirse Ronan was playing the main character and I felt better. Because she got nominated for an Oscar and the same thing happened with Jennifer Laurence and she kicked ass as Katniss.
:)


Friday,



...uh it was Friday. I didn't do anything.



Satuday,








Went to paint pottery with my dad and my cousin as a start to Father's Day weekend!



We Ransoms sure can get in tough with our cretive sides! We kind of just sat there all day, hardly saying anything, and made these  very intense faces at our blank canvases as we gave them our own life and personality. I can't wait till mine is ready to pick up!


Melissa and I made vases. Of course Melissa's has a Hello Kitty painted on the otherside. She's the real artist in the family.


Sunday,

Father's Day!!!



I didn't get to do as much cooking for my dad as I'd have liked, but we still had a great time. Those pancakes we made together outside and they are a family novelty, ones that I grew up with and I love them so much. I also made a peach and cornbread trifle, which was really good, especially if you like desserts that aren't overly sweet. Seriously, cornbread, peaches, whipped cream with vanilla, three layers, try it!
We bought dad a set of airplane and truck (which looked like trains when I ordered them but if you squint it's easy to pretend) pancake molds. Fitting right?


So I had thought my life had gotten a bit boring lately, but looking at this it's not doing too bad, eh?

Happy Father's Day past.
Happy Monday.
Happy fun weeks anew, especially the ones that are funner than you anticipated!

*Sigh**
**Heart palpitations.





No comments:

Post a Comment