Friday, March 15, 2013

What I've Been Doing Lately

Happy Friday!
I thought I'd take a break from my Friday,
which is day one of the weekend for me technically,
to do a little talk about what I'm up to these days.

Do you have little siblings?
I have two,
both of which I like to duct tape into chairs in dark rooms with a single light and FORCE TO READ!
MUHAHAHA!!!!
OK, that's a definite exaggeration.
But I do highly encourage them to read!
I like to suggest books that I've read and liked,
so these are them.

For Banana:

 These two are books that I've been reading or that I will soon read to Banana. She really likes The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer so far and she seemed intrigued by the idea of a girl who could fly. As she likes to interject her opinion on what's happening in the plot and what she thinks might happen next or what she thinks is wrong or right, I think The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester will really satisfy her.
 This is a book she picked up herself from her English teacher. Definitely not a book I ever wanted to read when I was her age; it was all heroines on unbelievable adventures on pirate ships for me, but I read the first chapter of this to her per her request, as she'd already started it and really liked it, and I have to say I was impressed. The writing was beautiful and I would definitely keep reading!

For Lantern:

 Lantern is definitely a more hesitant reader, lately he's been busy with new friends and homework, but he DEVOURED The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and has been working his way through The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Hopefully he'll finish it soon so that he can finally read Catching Fire!
This book Lantern got from someone, who was not me, as a gift, and though I have not read it he recommended it to me. The first and only time he's read a book for fun that I have not. Someone pinch me. I'll have to read it soon.

Do you have any books for younger kids that you would like to recommend? I actually have a project in mind that would involve this very subject, so your suggestions would be much appreciated!

I've also been busy with dance lately getting ready for our choreographer's showcase, of which I have choreographed to a mash up of the Stardust soundtrack. For those of you who don't know, it's based on the book by Neil Gaiman, which you should also read!
Hopefully, I'll be able to share some of the excitement with you soon!

I've also got a new Latest Three coming your way. Yaya, more book recommendations! Gosh, I've been reading some seriously great books lately. Hope you all have been too!

Here's to sharing the books you love with the people you love!
Here's to the child in all of us!
Here's to Voltaire, who said, "Let us read, let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world."
!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment